Hair Today, Not Gone Tomorrow!


Hair Growth before and after using cedarwood essential oil

For years and years the man in my household has been using Rogaine and its generic equivalents for hair loss, and all that time he's been steadily losing hair. He's a little sensitive about it so we'll just call him "Mr. X." I did some research into natural solutions and I think the results are pretty impressive.



Before using cedarwood oil and serum, about 8 weeks ago

My research indicated cedarwood essential oil for hair growth, along with a few other oils, and also Idaho Blue Spruce to support a healthy hormone balance. I put Young Living cedarwood essential oil in our shampoo, one drop of oil for each ounce of shampoo. I've always had fine hair, so I thought why not try it in my shampoo as well? Well, it must be working because last week a friend stopped me on the street to ask what I've been doing to make my hair so shiny and healthy looking. I couldn't think of anything at that moment, but when evaluating Mr. X's results photos it suddenly occurred to me: it's the cedarwood oil!


Hair growth after about 2 weeks.
Mr. X's results are even more impressive than mine. The photo above was taken after about 2 weeks of using the shampoo with cedarwood oil and about 3 weeks after beginning oral supplementation of 4 drops of Young Living Idaho Blue Spruce oil in water once per day. His hair was a little longer in this photo, so it looks thicker than it actually was, but there was a marked difference. The photo below is from the same time period, taken from a different angle. Women who are experiencing hair loss also may benefit from supplementation with Young Living Progessence Plus, Dragon Time, Lady Sclarol, or Clary Sage oils.


Hair growth after 2 weeks, taken from a different angle

At this point I could see the cedarwood was definitely helping, so I made a hair growth serum to complement the shampoo. This serum can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment or leave-in conditioner. Mr. X uses it as a leave-in conditioner. I do not use it.

All-Natural Hair Growth Serum

3 drops each Young Living rosemary and lavender essential oils
2 drops Young Living thyme essential oil
20 drops Young Living cedarwood essential oil
1/2 tsp. jojoba oil
4 tsp. grapeseed oil

Mix all ingredients. Massage into scalp where new growth is desired for 2 minutes. Wait one hour and then shampoo or use as as leave-in treatment. If desired leave on overnight and shampoo each morning. Use 3-7 days per week, once per day. As always, please remember this blog is not meant to be a substitute for medical care.

The massage is important in applying both the serum and shampoo, as it stimulates the scalp and helps with new hair growth. Go here to purchase the ingredients mentioned at the retail price or to sign up as a Young Living member and purchase at the wholesale price. A Young Living wholesale membership does not require you to sell the products; it simply allows you to purchase the products at wholesale cost. You have the option to resell them if you desire but there's no minimum sales requirement.

The final photo shows all the new hair filling in after 8 weeks of daily use of the serum and use of the shampoo every 1-2 days. Besides new hair growth, the treatment seems to have caused the rest of the hair to grow faster and appear thicker. I'm just so impressed! As an update to my previous post, my Infused 7 oils already arrived today. That was fast! I'm ready to live my life infused! To find out more about the Infused 7 oils and find recipes and usage directions for all kinds of Young Living products please follow my Naturally Amanda Facebook page.

Hair growth after 8 weeks

Comments

Popular Posts