Antique Store Awesomeness




Last week I discovered a wonderful new antique store in downtown Lincolnton, NC. Its called Red Door Antiques and it's worth a trip if you're nearby or visiting. I could have bankrupted us in that place! I managed to limit myself to a few new items for the store. I saw all kinds of things I'd love for my house and garden; an oils shelf already labeled "lavender" that would be perfect in my bathroom, several statues to grace my yard... hey, my birthday is coming up, y'all!

I managed to restrain myself and picked up new store inventory only. I found an amazing statue labeled "Vintage Indonesian Madonna", though I think this is meant to portray a dancer. It's beautifully-carved and gilded, a bit primitive, but in a wonderful folk-art way. It's heavy, solid wood and stands almost 2 feet tall. A lovable basset hound, probably from the 1950s, jumped into my basket, and I acquired a turquoise sewing basket full of cool old notions. So far I've only listed thread on wooden spools from that lot; I haven't been able to force myself to part with the basket yet!

The very best part of all this, however, is these items are all 20% off in my storewide Spring Sale, but only until April 11th, so you'll want to jump on it and check out my store, Atelier Mandaline.

Comments

Popular Posts