How I Built a Video Game in a Few Hours—and Turned It Into a Lead Magnet
This post contains affiliate links. If you register or purchase through my link, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I recently did something I never expected to say I had done:
Not a complicated, months-long project involving a developer, a coding team, or a giant budget.
I created it myself in just a couple of hours using Overskill, the app-building tool included with the premium Marketing Secrets.ai package.
And I did not build a game simply to prove that I could.
I turned it into an interactive lead magnet that teaches my Simple Sales Ecosystem in a way that is fun, visual, and easy to understand.
You can play it here:
Play the Non-Stop Sales Shop game
The idea behind the game
My Simple Sales Ecosystem helps online sellers build a business that can continue attracting buyers and making sales while they are away from their computers.
That does not mean the business requires no work.
The system needs to be created first.
But once the pieces are connected, your shop does not have to depend entirely on you posting every day, chasing customers, or constantly being online.
I wanted to show people how that works without giving them another long explanation to read.
So I created a game.
You begin with a struggling online shop that is missing important pieces of its sales system.
Then, as you play, you begin adding those pieces one at a time.
You begin with a struggling shop
The first step is choosing what kind of business you are building:
A handmade-product shop
A digital-product business
A service business
A coaching or course business
The game then adapts to match your choice.
You are not just reading generic business advice. You are building a version of the system around the kind of business you actually have—or want to create.
At the beginning, your shop is struggling.
That is not because you are lazy or failing.
It is because your business is missing parts of the system it needs to consistently bring people to your shop and guide them toward a purchase.
The goal of the game is to add those missing pieces.
Add Pinterest to attract new people
One of the first pieces you can add is Pinterest.
Pinterest can help your business get discovered by people who are already searching for ideas, products, solutions, and inspiration.
Unlike a social media post that may disappear quickly, a Pinterest pin can continue bringing visitors to your website or shop long after you publish it.
Inside the game, adding Pinterest begins increasing your visibility.
You can see what happens when your shop stops relying only on the people who already know about you.
Add long-form content to build trust
Next, you add long-form content.
That might include:
Blog posts
YouTube videos
Podcasts
Tutorials
Educational guides
Long-form content gives potential buyers more time to understand what you do, why it matters, and whether your product is right for them.
It also gives search engines, Pinterest, and AI search platforms more information to use when recommending your content.
In the game, your views and sales begin changing as each new part of the system is added.
You can actually watch the shop become stronger.
Add email to continue the conversation
The next piece is email.
Pinterest and content may help someone discover you, but most visitors will not buy immediately.
Email gives you a way to continue the relationship after they leave your website.
You can use it to:
Deliver a free resource
Share helpful information
Introduce your products
Answer common questions
Invite subscribers to buy
Follow up automatically
Once email is connected to the rest of the system, you are no longer depending on a visitor remembering to come back later.
Your business can follow up for you.
Then choose a vacation
This is my favorite part of the game.
After you build the sales ecosystem, you get to choose a vacation.
While you are away, the game calculates how many views, leads, and sales your shop generates without you being online constantly.
The point is not that every business will make the exact amount shown in the game.
It is a playful demonstration of the larger idea:
When you build a connected sales system, your business can keep working even when you step away.
That is what I wanted people to experience—not just read about.
Play the Non-Stop Sales Shop game here
I built it without knowing how to code
The most surprising part is that I did not need to know how to program a video game.
I described what I wanted to create inside Overskill.
I explained:
The purpose of the game
The different shop options
The pieces of the sales ecosystem
How the numbers should change
What should happen when the player takes a vacation
The general look and feeling I wanted
Then I worked with the tool to refine it.
I tested the game, adjusted the language, changed the layout, and improved the experience.
Within a couple of hours, I had a working app that I could share through a link and use as a lead magnet.
A few years ago, an idea like this would probably have required hiring a developer—or abandoning the idea because it felt too complicated and expensive.
Now a solo business owner can create something genuinely interactive without waiting months for someone else to build it.
What is Overskill?
Overskill is an AI-powered coding and app-building tool included with the premium Marketing Secrets.ai package.
It can help you create projects such as:
Interactive lead magnets
Business tools
Calculators
Quizzes
Simple apps
Client portals
Educational games
Video games
Software products
Bonuses for courses or memberships
You do not have to begin with a perfect technical plan.
You can start by explaining what you want the app to do, then continue refining it as the tool builds.
That does not mean every complicated software idea can be completed in two hours. The amount of time required will depend on the project, its features, and how much testing it needs.
But my game showed me how quickly a business owner can move from:
“Wouldn’t it be fun if I could create this?”
to:
“Here is the link. Go play it.”
Turn an app into a lead magnet
The ability to create software is exciting on its own, but the business possibilities are even more interesting.
I use my game as a lead magnet.
Instead of offering another static PDF, I can invite someone to interact with my ideas.
The player learns how my sales ecosystem works while experiencing it.
That makes the game useful for both the visitor and my business.
An app could also be used as:
A quiz that recommends the right offer
A calculator that shows the cost of a problem
A planner that creates a personalized action plan
A tool customers use repeatedly
A course companion
A membership resource
A low-ticket digital product
A bonus that makes an offer more valuable
The premium package does not merely give you another way to create content.
It gives you a way to create assets.
You also get the Marketing Secrets.ai platform
Overskill is included with the premium package, but it is not the only thing you receive.
You also get access to the Marketing Secrets.ai tools demonstrated throughout the AI Secrets Challenge.
These can help you create and coordinate:
Marketing plans
Video sales letter scripts
Landing-page copy
Advertising ideas
Reels and video content
Images
Sales messaging
Marketing campaigns
AI agents for different business functions
An AI Chief of Staff to help coordinate your work
I used the platform to help me create a recorded challenge, three VSLs, a new product, and its landing page in one week.
Then I used Overskill to turn another idea into an interactive game.
For me, the value is not simply that AI can produce more words.
It is that I can move from idea to finished business asset much more quickly.
The premium option also includes an affiliate opportunity
The premium Marketing Secrets.ai package also gives you the opportunity to become an affiliate.
That means you may be able to earn commissions by recommending the platform to other people who would genuinely benefit from it.
This can create an additional income stream alongside your existing business.
For example, you could create:
Blog tutorials
Pinterest pins
YouTube demonstrations
App-building case studies
Marketing-tool reviews
Email campaigns
Social media content
Free workshops
Those pieces of content can continue introducing people to the product over time. That is where the potential for more automated affiliate income comes from.
It is important not to confuse that with instant or effortless money. Affiliate marketing still requires useful content, visibility, trust, testing, and consistent promotion. But once those assets are published, some of them can continue working after the initial creation is finished.
That fits perfectly with the way I already teach business.
Create the asset. Connect it to a system. Let the system continue working while you live your life.
Why the affiliate option interests me
I have been in business for more than 26 years, and one of my biggest goals now is to build more income streams that do not depend entirely on creating and shipping a high volume of physical products.
Affiliate marketing gives me a way to earn by teaching people about tools I actually use.
The game is a good example.
I am not simply saying:
“This software can build apps.”
I can show people the app I created. They can play it. They can see how I am using it inside my business. Then they can decide whether the tool would help them create something of their own. That is a much stronger affiliate strategy than repeatedly posting a product link without providing context or value.
Who the premium package may be best for
The premium option may be especially valuable for:
Entrepreneurs who want to create their own apps
Coaches who want interactive client tools
Course creators who want games, quizzes, or bonuses
Digital-product sellers looking for new products
Affiliate marketers who want another income stream
Small-business owners building custom internal tools
Creators who have software ideas but cannot code
Solopreneurs who want both marketing and app-building support
It may not be right for someone who only needs occasional help writing a social post.
At $297 per month, this is a serious business tool. You will get the most value from it when you have real projects you are ready to create and use.
Before subscribing, think about what you could build:
What repetitive task could you turn into a tool?
What question could become a quiz?
What worksheet could become an interactive app?
What process could become a calculator?
What lesson could become a game?
What idea have you delayed because you could not code it?
Come in with a project, not just curiosity.
Begin with the AI Secrets Challenge
The free AI Secrets Challenge shows you how the larger system works.
During the challenge, you learn how one entrepreneur can use AI to build the equivalent of a larger team, including:
An AI Chief of Staff
AI marketing agents
A creative engine for copy, images, ads, and videos
Marketing systems that reduce manual work
Your first software product without traditional coding
The challenge gives you a much better understanding of what you can build before you choose a paid package.
Register for the AI Secrets Challenge and explore the premium option here
Play the game before you go
Before you sign up, play the game I created with Overskill.
You will begin with a struggling shop, add Pinterest, long-form content, and email, and then see what happens when you step away from the business.
It only takes a few minutes, and it will show you both:
How my Simple Sales Ecosystem works
The kind of interactive lead magnet you can create with Overskill
Play the Non-Stop Sales Shop game
You can also build apps for clients
The revenue opportunity does not stop with creating tools for your own business. After I shared the game I built, a friend asked me to create an app for her—and she offered to pay me $500. That happened before I had even made app-building a formal service. It immediately showed me another practical way Overskill could pay for itself.
You could use it to create custom apps for:
- Coaches
- Course creators
- Consultants
- Membership owners
- Digital-product sellers
- Local businesses
- Service providers
A client might want:
- A quiz that recommends the right service
- A calculator for potential savings or revenue
- An interactive lead magnet
- A personalized planner
- A client onboarding tool
- A course companion
- A simple educational game
- A custom business resource
You would still need to understand the client’s goals, plan the experience, test the app, make revisions, and deliver something useful. But you would not necessarily need traditional coding skills or the expense of hiring a development team.
That creates a completely different income opportunity.
Instead of using Overskill only to support your own marketing, you may be able to package app creation as a service and charge clients for the finished result.
My first potential client is already willing to pay $500 for an app. A few projects like that could cover the cost of the premium subscription while also helping me build a new portfolio and revenue stream.
This is one reason the premium plan interests me so much. It can support several types of income at once:
- Use apps as lead magnets for your own offers
- Sell apps as digital products
- Build custom apps for clients
- Recommend the platform as an affiliate
- Create software bonuses that make your offers more valuable
That is far more powerful than using AI only to write another social media caption.
My honest takeaway
I did not subscribe because I wanted to become a software developer. I subscribed because I am an entrepreneur with more ideas than time. Overskill gave me a way to turn one of those ideas into something real, useful, and shareable in a couple of hours.
Now I have:
An interactive lead magnet
A new way to teach my system
A memorable experience for potential customers
A working example of what the software can do
Another asset supporting my business
An affiliate opportunity connected to a tool I use
That is what excites me most about AI. Not creating more generic content simply because we can. Creating things that would have been too expensive, complicated, or time-consuming for a solo business owner to build before.
Explore Marketing Secrets.ai Premium, Overskill, and the affiliate opportunity
P.S. Do not join just to collect another tool. Choose something you want to build—a quiz, calculator, lead magnet, client tool, or simple app—and use the challenge to start turning it into a real business asset.



Comments
Post a Comment