Year of Content



 You might remember, last year Meta hired me to make Instagram Reels. I had to make 5 Reels each day and I threw myself into it. After all, I was already doing social media so I might as well get paid fr it, right?

Well, that turned out to be a bust. I did make money and that was great, and sometimes I still get payouts for content from Meta, but it really hurt my engagement. Like, it PLUMMETED to a tenth of what it had been. 

Why did this happen? I have no idea. At the time I wondered if Meta was hiding my Reels so they wouldn't have to pay me since the payment was based on the amount of views and engagement. Just before Christmas last year they announced they were ending the program, so I think it must not have been working for them either. Then they rolled out their verification program, which you have to pay for just like Twitter's. I am refusing to pay for it because it's a  terrible way to authenticate accounts, which was proven when someone made a fake Elon Musk account and paid to get it verified and started trolling him constantly. (But don't think I feel sorry for him; I think he got exactly what he deserved. I can't stand that guy). So then I thought maybe they are restricting traffic to unpaid accounts.

If you've been in business for a long time you can remember a time before social media, when you just ran your business. I have mixed feelings about it; on the one hand, social media is incredibly valuable. I can still remember when I started writing my blog and then posted about it to Pinterest, how my business just blew up. That was all free, just sweat equity, and it's still more effective than any paid advertising I've ever tried.

On the other hand, the amount of time you have to spend seems ever-expanding. When there was only blogging and Pinterest it was no big deal, but now there's blogging and podcasting and YouTube and TikTok and Tumblr and Instagram and Facebook (both groups and pages). My various coaches advise 3-5 Instagram Stories per day, at least one Live (typically filmed on Facebook and shared to Instagram and YouTube), at least one Reel or Short, and Instagram Carousel posts too. 

Then there are the platform requests. Right now Instagram is asking creators to make at least one Story per day. TikTok and YouTube have both contacted me asking for more long-format videos (why I don't know, since mine get virtually zero views). TikTok is really pushing creators to sell things in their "TikTok Shop"... it's just endless.

So I was really happy to discover Eric Thayne during the One Funnel Away Challenge. Eric has one framework he uses to create one post each day, which he then shares to three platforms. It's SO much easier and his clients are getting great results. His free Year of Content class is happening right now. If you missed the first couple days it's okay; he sends out replays. Just click here for his Instagram profile; the class registration is his link in bio. This is NOT a paid post; I just wanted to share a class that's helping me feel free of the onerous requirements I've been laboring under. 

And if you're wondering about One Funnel Away, I can't recommend it enough! Besides 30 days of class walking you through building a funnel (with LIVE training!) you also get several free software accounts to help you with everything from video editing to copywriting and business training. Then you get bonus days with more training on ad creation, social media content creation, and using influencer marketing. The course is only $100, just an amazing value, and you get lifetime access to it as long as you're a ClickFunnels member. Click here to sign up for One Funnel Away.

I AM a ClickFunnels affiliate, which means if you sign up for ClickFunnels with my link I may get a payment. There's no cost to you!

Comments

Popular Posts