Mountain Inspirations

Cloud banks mirror mountain peaks.

Mountain laurel in bloom

Sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains

Dragon boat races on Lake Lure
The past few days presented a new opportunity for creativity: photography. I always have wished I was a better photographer, and the weekend presented the perfect venue in the lovely Blue Ridge Mountains near Lake Lure, NC. Though I didn't write over the weekend, I was busy with my camera and have been happy with the gorgeous scenes I captured. We really needed some time away after our stressful week. The serene blue mountains provided the tranquility we wanted, as well as the beauty our souls craved. The mountain laurel is in bloom just now. The sunsets were gorgeous. The Lure of the Dragons festival at Lake Lure was a riot of color and fun. Inside the lodge, we basked in the amber glow of peace. This might just have been the perfect weekend! Back to the grind tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts