The Lazy Way to Work




I’m feeling so blessed today. Possibly this is because my son’s cross country practice was cancelled so I got to sleep in until 6 instead of having to be up by 5. But I think it’s more than that. 


It’s a beautiful day and I got to eat my breakfast out on our new deck. Then I decided to go shopping because I needed a few things I can only get “in town”. That’s an entirely different town about an hour away, but that’s what everyone around here means when they say they’re going to town. Our actual town only has a Walmart and a couple Food Lions and a whole bunch of storage units. Even the boat dealership with the psychic tarot card reader went out of business ~ a heavy blow because that was my favorite place to speculate about even though I never actually went inside. Jerry said “The psychic is just going to tell you the boat is a money pit you shouldn’t buy”.


But anyway, I spent a leisurely afternoon shopping and considered going out for lunch at my favorite restaurant but I didn’t because I wanted to get back home and write this post for YOU! I just can’t stand the thought of everyone who is still slaving away at a dead-end job, just like I used to, wishing they could live a lifestyle of freedom. For me it’s not even about making a ton of money; I wanted to stay home with my kids. The fact that we even have our kids and they can do things like run on the cross country team is because I started my own business and work from home. I helped pay the adoption fees for our two younger kids. The cross country coach requires the children practice all summer and before and after school but there’s no bus… someone has to be available essentially all day at random times to drive them.


You see all kinds of people online flashing their “wealth” to try to convince you they made it big in just a few weeks with their business course, which you may buy from them obviously. It makes me so mad because most (if not all) of them are not being honest. You can buy stacks of fake hundred dollar bills online, along with Louis Vuitton shopping bags. You can buy the YouTube million dollar creator award on eBay. Hang that on your wall, place a few luxury shopping bags discretely on shelves in the background, flash your wad of cash and you look successful, right? Find a fancy neighborhood and walk down the street holding your Louis Vuitton shopping bag… no one will know you don’t really live there. Post a bunch of Reels claiming you just started your account from scratch 5 days ago and you already have 5000 followers and made $100,000… just don’t mention you bought all those followers and spent $110K in ads to get your sales!


Then people buy those courses or “formulas” or “strategies” and follow the instructions and don’t make any sales so they think it’s all a scam. It’s not. I am living proof you can make money online ~ a lot of it. But it’s not easy and it doesn’t happen quickly. 


It took me about 18 months to meet my income goal, which was to replace my corporate salary, so I could quit my job and stay home with my baby. And even that wasn’t easy for me mentally. I would sometimes have panic attacks when I thought of having to go out every single day and make the money I used to get from my job.


This was before social media though ~ before a lot of the internet existed in fact. It’s so much easier now. Back then I had two online income streams: selling on eBay (which I had to learn to code to do) and getting freelance jobs through elance. The freelance jobs paid well IF you could actually collect the money; I spent most of my time chasing people down afterward for payment. I very quickly learned to require a non-refundable percentage payment up front!


Now I am almost entirely online with my business. I do still repair dolls in my hospital but the clients find me online. Otherwise I sell coaching through my online courses and books, and physical and digital products and market other people’s products as an affiliate. Essentially nowadays I get paid to post on social media. 


It works like this: I decide which product I want to promote. Then I make a Reel, which is a video on Instagram. The Reels aren’t even all about my product; most of them are inspirational or tutorials. I don’t even make a lot of them; I remix other creators’ Reels. Then I share the Reels to my Instagram Stories, to my Facebook page and groups, to Pinterest, and YouTube and TikTok and often to this blog. I also set up an automated chatbot and request people comment or DM me for a freebie or to find out more.


The Reels get views on my page and followers. Then some of the followers comment my word to get my freebies, which are linked to a high converting sales page called a funnel. Others click only link in bio which is my sales funnel. Or they click on my Pinterest pins which have links, or my Facebook posts with links, etc etc. And a small percentage of them buy my stuff. Occasionally I also run ads to get more people into my sales pages and funnels. 


This kind of marketing works for any type of business. It works for my physical product shops. It works for my doll hospital service business. But my favorite way it works is for my digital products and affiliate products. These are delivered instantly and automatically or fulfilled by the other business so once they sell I rarely have anything else to do except for the occasional customer service like answering questions. 


I would absolutely love to help you start making money online. For a step-by-step guide to creating and selling digital products get my Digital Goldmine ebook by clicking here. 


Discover how to get paid for Instagram content you don’t even have to make yourself from The Lazy Content Guide by clicking here.


Go all in with my Digital Profits Genius course and get digital products to sell, social media content and even the sales funnel already done for you by clicking on the link in bold.


No time for courses? Get my Digital Profit Genius ebook for a quick compilation of the course modules.


I can’t wait to see you succeed!

Comments

Popular Posts