Hurricane Helene Update


 First of all, let me say if you’re in an area affected by Hurricane Helene you’re in our prayers. The devastation here in Western NC is heartbreaking and unbelievable. I and my family are all fine and we thank all of you who checked in on us. We just had very minor damage to our new deck. We haven’t been able to assess the condition of our mountain cabin and it looks like it will be a long, long time before we can, as all roads in Western NC are closed. 


We are without Internet, possibly until “well into October” so please be patient with me and expect a delay in response time to enquiries. You will not see as much of me on social media as I am operating in “low data mode” on my phone and have been frequently unable to post.


Rest assured, I am fine, your dolls in my hospital are fine, and I will be in touch as I am able. I feel a kind of survivor’s guilt at the moment, seeing the desperation all around us, and am also worried about the still-rising lakes and rivers in the area. Situations like these really drive home the luxury of our modern lives and how we take it for granted.

Comments

Popular Posts