Corinne's Eyes


 Recently my customer, Anika, needed help with her American Girl customization. She ordered my American Girl sized eyes but they were too small. I was surprised to hear about this because I had my eye specially made for American Girl dolls.


American Girl uses proprietary eyes that aren’t available elsewhere. This means if you want or need to replace your doll’s eye you have to send it to their doll hospitals. Or at least that was the idea before a lot of competitors, including myself, designed eyes that will fit. Of course if you want the identical eyes you still have to go to American Girl.

Anyway, I wondered why mine weren’t fitting. Well it turns out AG is at it again. The Corinne doll uses special eyes that are different from the other American Girl 18 inch dolls. They are quite a bit larger.


​My 15mm Margon eyes will just fit Corinne (as will the Margon replacement eyes since Margon went out of business). However, the Margon eyes have a case that’s larger in the back. American Girl eyes are wide and flat. So to place Corinne’s eyes you have to use a hybrid process that’s a combination of the boil and cut methods. It’s closest to my Patti PlayPal eye swap method. As you can see, Anika did an amazing job with her Corinne custom doll. Those green eyes are really striking! She used my Patio PlayPal hybrid method to swap the eyes. You can get the tutorial by clicking here.

Comments

Popular Posts