Haunted??? Doll Voices


 Today one of the weirdest things in my history of doll repair happened. I recently restocked my 3-sound Mama crying voices. The factory sometimes uses old batteries, so I check all the voices when I get them and again when I’m packing them for customers. Well, this morning I went to ship one out and when I tested it the Baby Shark song started playing. I frantically tested them all and all but one played Baby Shark. Thank goodness I had one of the regular ones to ship out! After shipping the normal one I tested them all again and the second time they played a weird song, which I thought was in Chinese. I’ve now been schooled by the people of the internet ~ the second song is “Johnny Johnny”, a viral YouTube hit with young children. Once someone told me the lyrics I could understand them. The singer has a heavy Chinese accent. If you squeeze the box a third time it then makes the baby sounds it’s supposed to.



How did these songs get on these voices? I feel like I’m going crazy! I KNOW I tested every one of these when they arrived and they were all normal. I’m a little scared to go in my office now! But anyway, since the songs are very popular I will offer them for sale. Hopefully they won’t expand their repertoire after you install them! You can stop the song and go on to the next sound by squeezing the box twice, so you don’t have to listen to the whole song. These are squeeze boxes so you need to squeeze them rather than just press them. Therefore they work best in cloth body dolls and plush. Leave the stuffing loose enough around the box that you can squeeze the back and front at the same time. Purchase these from my shops on my website.



Comments

Popular Posts