Walk With Me


I want to share a bit of my recent mountain vacation with you. My kids told me about these “ASMR” videos, which are videos with sound but without talking. Have you heard of these, name? Neither of them knew what the acronym stands for so we looked it up: it means Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response”. According to Merriam-Webster this “refers to the ‘tingly feeling’ that travels form the head downward that some experience in response to certain sounds, feelings, or descriptions. These can include soft whispering, crinkling paper, or a gentle touch.”


Wider research indicates people are using them as relaxation or meditation videos ~ something to get away from all the noise the TikTok video trend brought to social media. According to my kids the videos should just show you doing something without talking (even whispering… sorry Merriam-Webster) and without any music.

​In that spirit, here’s a video of myself walking on the Jackson County Greenway, along the Tuckaseegee River. It’s very peaceful with just the sound of the river rushing and birds chirping. Use it whenever you need a mini vacation. You can watch it here.

Comments

Popular Posts