Barbie FOMO


 

Take the fun quiz: Which Barbie Are You?

My grandmother, who had six children and 23 grandchildren,  used to have a recurring nightmare. She dreamed her kitchen was in a basement and she had to climb through a hole in the wall to bring the food upstairs when it was ready. In her dream, President Kennedy was coming to dinner and every time she would climb through the hole with the food there would be more people in the dining room so she would have to climb back down to cook more.

I'm feeling sympathetic lately. Ever since we tore up our kitchen for the remodel people have been coming to visit us. The kitchen is nearly done. Jerry, my perfectionist hubby, wants to redo the drywall on the ceiling instead of just painting the spots where we removed the columns and that's still underway. We have some trim that needs replacement. The upper cabinets we didn't paint and the floor need restoration so I got some polish to rejuvenate them but I haven't applied it yet. So we still have some things out of place and construction supplies stacked around. Tonight and next weekend we are hosting dinner parties and overnight guests so I've been getting everything as clean and un-construction-zone-like as possible while cooking all day. Our daughter invited her boyfriend and his mother for supper but then went to the mountains with her friends all morning, leaving us to the preparations. She told us the wrong arrival time for her guests so the roast I'm making will be overcooked. Her name is mud right about now!

I'd rather have spent the day going to the movies.  I want to see the new Indiana Jones and the Barbie movie. Have you seen either of them yet? We never go to movies; it's just so expensive. I talked Jerry into going to the matinee when Bullet Train came out and he hated it so I'm not likely to talk him into another trip to the cinema! 

Instead I spent some of the time waiting for our guests to list vintage Barbie fashions and accessories, many straight out of the movie. They did such a good job with the clothes from what I've seen! I'm showing just a few in the slideshow above; you can see everything I've got in the Barbie section of my shop. More to come soon, once I get a little more free time!

Comments

Popular Posts