Electronics Repair


 

My electric scrubber recently stopped working. This thing was $$$ and I bought it specifically to scrub our giant jetted tub without having to climb in the thing. It is supposed to be waterproof but when hubby took it apart the electrical contacts were all rusty ~ it looks like rubber stoppers that are supposed to be inside it are missing. 😡 Luckily my decades of repairing electric and battery powered toys taught me to repair these things. Start by cleaning the electrical contacts with rubbing alcohol. If the rust doesn’t clean off with a cotton swab try soaking the contacts for a while. If that doesn’t work, soak in rust remover. Use caution ~ it is hydrofluoric acid and can cause severe burns. Use a cotton swab to remove the rust from small areas. Rinse off the acid with water. Then rinse again with alcohol and allow to dry completely. Many times this will restore the contacts and the item will work again! This is the same way I repair toys and dolls that have stopped working. I save a lot of money knowing this skill! #ateliermandaline #restorer

Comments

Popular Posts