Happy Holidays!




For the first time in 100 years, tonight is both Christmas Eve and the first day of Hanukkah! Usually my sister's family, who celebrate both holidays, travel every other year to New England for Hanukkah. This was supposed to be their year to go up there so our parents planned to come stay with us for Christmas. However, everyone up there came down with a stomach flu so we have a last minute change of plans and my sister's family is coming here now as well. This sort of thing has happened many times in the nearly 20 year history of our marriage, so it's no big deal, except I had to make a last minute shopping trip to pick up extra food and gifts and wash several loads of sheets and towels. Our first guests will arrive in a few hours. The house is sparkling and decorated, the presents are wrapped, the children are wild, and I am about to start marinating the turkey in my special butter-and-wine recipe, so I thought I would take a moment to wish you the Happiest of Hanukkahs, the Merriest of Christmases, and the Joy of any other Holiday (you know that word comes from "holy day") you celebrate. Our oldest son is having surgery on the 28th, so it will probably a little while until you hear from me again. I look forward to a wonderful 2017 for us all and look forward to "talking" to you in the new year!



Comments

Popular Posts