New Starts, Young Life


My Young Living Starter kit finally arrived!

I know it's been ages and ages since I wrote a post, and I'm very sorry about that. We've had a lot going on here. I've been starting a lot of new projects, including teaching my daughter to sew. She's off to a good start, making what else?... a DOLL of course, for her little cousin's Christmas present. She's doing well, although it's slow going. I heard her tell her little brother, "Sewing looks easy but it's REALLY hard."

My daughter learns to sew.
Aside from learning to sew, my daughter has been learning my trade of doll repair recently. Here is a photo of her cleaning a 1940s Margaret O'Brien composition doll by Madame Alexander. EBay asked for photos of family members helping out with the business so I took this one to share with them.
My daughter cleans a doll
Besides all this instruction I am steadily working on a giant pile of dolls in my office who need split repair and re-painting. As you can see I have representatives from the 1920s to the 1980s in my work pile. I'm listing new stuff daily and just trying to keep up with the holiday season's demands. I had my best Thanksgiving weekend ever, so thanks to everyone who shopped with me. The dolls you see in the pile should be listed for sale shortly, so please check. My store is here: http://stores.ebay.com/atelier-mandaline.


Dolls in progress
Of course, operating one store and raising a family just wasn't enough for me; I had to add to the work load! I am now an independent distributor for Young Living. Young Living is an American company based in Utah which produces essential oils and all-natural cleaning products, nutritional supplements, weight loss aids, and skincare and toiletries. As you know if you read this blog regularly, I have long been interested in reducing the toxic load in our household from harsh chemicals and food additives. I use essential oils all the time and make many of our own toiletries and cleaning products. I found I was using more and more Young Living oils because of their impressive commitment to quality control, from "Seed to Seal", so it made sense for me to become a distributor. I am not sure whether I can sell the products in my eBay store. It looks as if you're not supposed to, although I see people doing it.

You can order the wonderful and extensive products by signing up as a Retail Customer, or as I recommend, a Member eligible for wholesale pricing.  I'm Independent Distributor 2256091 Amanda Boggs. Young Living is a unique company in that you need a "sponsor" to shop. They do allow the opportunity to sign up as a member and then you get the products at the wholesale price with no requirement to sell them; you can just buy what you use. It's a really great company and I'm proud to represent them.

You can find many recipes for using the oils on Pinterest. I have a ton on my Health board, but here are some of my own recipes, developed over time. Please note, these recipes are not meant to diagnose or treat any disease; they are concoctions I prepared after careful research and use on myself and my family. They work for us.



Pain Relieving Bath Soak

2 cups Epsom salts
1/2 cup baking soda
8 drops Young Living PanAway essential oil blend

Mix all ingredients and add to a full bath, using the hottest water you can stand. Soak for at least 30 minutes to relieve pain, especially hormonally-induced migraine headaches and cramps. This soak will also lower blood pressure and help remove toxins from your body. You can adapt this recipe for different purposes using another oil. For example, substitute Young Living Lavender essential oil or Stress Away blend for relaxation and as a sleep aid. You can also make your own pain relieving cream by mixing 2-3 drops PanAway with 1-2 teaspoons carrier oil such as Young Living V-6 Vegetable oil or coconut oil and rubbing on the sore spot.

Why does this work? Epsom salts are magnesium salts. Magnesium is important in regulating blood pressure and most people absorb it more easily through the skin than from food. Baking soda helps detoxify your body. PanAway is a blend of wintergreen, clove, helichrysum, and peppermint oils, which are believed to soothe pain. Peppermint oil is well-known for its muscle-relaxing properties. Incidentally, this is why peppermint is often prescribed for nausea, but can make heartburn worse because it relaxes the esophagus and allows acid to splash into the throat.




Weight Loss and Energy Tonic

2-3 drops each Young Living Citrus Fresh, Lemon, and Frankincense essential oils
2 cups filtered water

Mix well and drink 1-2 hours before each meal. You will see oil residue in the glass and you can use that up by re-filling the glass with water and drinking from it throughout the day. These oils can irritate the sensitive skin on your lips, so I recommend drinking from a straw. 

Why does this work? Lemon oil is believed to help enhance energy and aid in digestion and weight loss. Grapefruit and tangerine oils are also believed to enhance metabolism. Frankincense has been used since ancient times to reduce hunger pangs and cravings. Travelers in the Middle East used to chew raw frankincense resin to help control cravings while on the road when food was scarce. Young Living takes advantage of this property in their Slique line of weight loss products, which you might consider if you prefer to save time with a pre-made system. I find when I drink this tonic throughout the day I have far more energy and less hunger. I tend to feel very tired and need a nap around 3PM and that is also a time when I often resort to eating a snack and drinking coffee, but when I drink this tonic I don't have that hunger or fatigue and can continue with my daily tasks.

You may read back through this blog to find my homemade sunscreen recipe using essential oils and my tips for wound and infection care using oil of oregano or just go to my Facebook page, Naturally Amanda, or my Pinterest Health board for links. I hope you can transform yourself through Young Living and a natural lifestyle. I can really testify to the effect of natural products on health and energy. Over the past few years I've modified my diet and the products I put on and in my body and I feel a lot better than I used to.

Comments

Popular Posts