New Adventures in Doll Stringing


 Years and years ago when I learned to re-string dolls I never imagined where that one skill would lead. At the time I was just trying to fix my mother’s dolls. Once I learned how I began buying dolls to repair and resell. It was a little hobby business; my children were very young then and I didn’t have enough time to make a living at doll repair.


I began recounting my adventures in doll repair in my Mandaline Artful Living blog, mostly just to keep in practice with writing as I felt I was becoming rusty. All of a sudden, people all around the world wanted to send me their dolls to repair.

I became overwhelmed with work, so I decided to sell stringing kits with instructions and supplies to enable others to repair their own dolls. Still I had people wanting to send their dolls to me. I raised my prices to encourage people to buy the kits. And I raised them, and raised them, and raised them… and now I’m charging $100 per hour to string dolls and people are STILL sending them to me.

Right now I have a studio full of dolls being repaired and I am expecting 18 more next week! It’s too much work for one person. I have now prepared a comprehensive stringing kit, with materials to string at least 5 dolls of all types and sizes and I’ve prepared and included a course to teach all the fundamentals.

The stringing kit materials alone are worth $150 and it will save you over $200 in professional repair fees by teaching you to do it yourself. The course value is $197. I usually sell these kits for $65 but right now you can get your for $40 with free shipping (within the USA).

​Restore your dolls to their former glory, or start your own doll stringing business. Believe me, there’s plenty of demand! Just click here to get your kit.

Comments

Popular Posts