Spring Stylin' & Stringin'




We had a week of spring here in NC, and I'm feeling it! Now we are back to the typical wet, cold February weather, but last week was a really nice hiatus from winter.  Sadly, I spent most of the week with a stomach virus. I'm happy to note it did whisk off a few more pounds, so at least I got a little reward for my suffering! I took advantage of the Poshmark Valentine's Day sale to pick up new (smaller!) clothes for myself and also to stock the boutique with new styles for spring and summer. I had to force myself to relinquish all but one of my new pieces to the store. 

To view a slideshow of my newest pieces check out the Updates page of my website. I really want the velvet off-shoulder dress, but I have it listed for sale. I don't know how long I can hold off, so if you want it you'd better head to Studio Mandaline to pick it up! In most cases I have only one of each size. It's just too tempting for me to order multiples. When you're actually feeling pretty it's really hard to own a boutique and not use it like a closet! You can link to Poshmark from the website. If you're new to Poshmark sign up using code STUDIOMANDALINE  and you will get a $5 credit! Poshmark has a new feature I really love: whenever you like an item the seller can now send you a private sale offer with reduced shipping. You can counter the offer, too, and see if you can get an even better deal! Try it out!

The doll business is going well. Dolls, rather than just parts, are selling again, so if you have your eye on a particular one I would head to the shops to pick it up.  You can link to all those from the website. I still haven't found a new manufacturer for eyes, I'm sad to say. I've really searched in the US to see if I could find someone making them here with no luck. I'm really sorry the first one I chose turned out to be pretty shady, because their sample eyes were beautiful! I just keep telling myself, these are growing pains for my little company, and that's a good thing! It's going to happen eventually! I did just re-stock the eBay and Etsy shops with bulk packs of doll stringing hooks, but the small sized hooks nearly sold out within just a couple hours! I have one pack left on eBay and a bit more on the way from the wholesaler. There are still plenty of medium and large sized hooks listed, however. If I could get to the level with all doll supplies I currently hold with eyes I will be pretty happy. Keep an eye on this blog or my newsletter or social media pages because I am expanding my eye offerings to include fixed eyes. I am specifically working on finding eyes for the American Girl Wellie Wishers dolls. I have a doll on the way so I can see which size they need. I will be sure to post when I have those listed, as I am getting more and more requests.

Comments

Popular Posts