July 4th Fashion


The July 4th outfit I made my daughter with the pattern I used
 I thought this was just the cutest pattern from McCall's and spent the day sewing an outfit for my daughter to wear to the 4th of July celebrations. Amazingly, I didn't even see anything I wanted to change! My husband is always laughing at me because I never just make a straight pattern; I almost always have to tweak it a bunch. But this one, by designer LolaLou, was just perfect. And it was so easy it only took me about 3 hours to make the dress and only about a half hour to make the shorts!

I have been sewing all day because a huge wildfire in Pender County has produced so much smoke it is filling the air here. I went outside earlier and my throat was burning. Even being indoors all day, I still have really bad allergies. It is not good for the Fitbit; I've hardly walked at all today! But I've been the top step-logging person three weeks in a row; someone else can win for a change. My sleeves feel tight on my arms, though. If I have a day where I sit a lot it's like I can FEEL myself getting fatter! Does that ever happen to anyone else? My older children returned today from a trip to the mountains with two loaves of sweet bread, a cake, a batch of cookies, and some fudge, so that won't help!

I know it seems silly, but I feel as if I can sew all my own summer vacation memories into an outfit for my daughter! Roasting marshmallows on the lake shore campfire, running wild with my cousins, twirling sparklers, staying up late to see the fireworks and feeling my eyelids heavy with drowsiness once they finally started. I hope the summer is as long and full of wonder for my children as it always was for me!

Comments

Popular Posts